For those not following me on Twitter or Facebook…
Lauren was sick this past Saturday morning and told me to go to VoCamp Austin without her. She e-mailed about 3pm and asked that I take her to after-hours care. This started a chain of events that leads me to this moment, some 3 days later.
- Got home
- To after-hours care
- High T-Cells, abdominal pain, referred to ER
- Seton NW Hospital ER
- CT scan
- HUGE appendix
- Appendix isn’t ruptured, you need surgery now
- Surgery scheduled at 0230 Sunday morning
- 0300 surgery: Appendix was ruptured, longer hospital stay needed
- Beds, nurses, sleeping in chairs, etc. Repeat.
Lauren is now resting, courtesy of hydrocodone, healing, and eating Jell-O at home. I’ll be AWOL for a while. If you’re able, she’d love to hear from you via e-mail or phone, Facebook or Twitter.