When my sister was in the early grades of elementary school, her class received the recipe for : “E”asy Cheezy Pretzels”. One might ask why the “E” is quoted, that’s because “E” was the letter they were learning at the time.
In any case, the recipe for “E”asy Cheezy Pretzels was often consulted during the long, sweltering summer days that she and I were indoors hiding from the fearsome Texas sun.
For you, the Internet, I would like to share the recipe, in the extended entry
EASY “Che-e-e-sy” Pretzels
1 1/1 c flour 2/3 c milk ½ c shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.) 2 T soft margarine 2 t baking powder 1 t sugar 1 t salt 1 egg 1 c flour for rolling Wax paper Non-stick spray Directions:
- Heat oven to 400. Spray cookie sheet with spray.
- Mix together flour, milk, cheese, margarine, baking powder, sugar, salt.
- Smooth dough into ball and knead 10 times.
- Make 1” balls, put flour onto hands and roll balls into “snake” shape on wax paper. Shape into “e” and place on cookie sheet.
- Beat egg and brush onto pretzels.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.